Friday, 2 May 2014

My Favourite Movie

We all have a favourite movie, and I have to admit mine is a little out there but when it came out I'd never seen anything like it.  I am of course talking about Pulp Fiction.  Ooooh, I can hear the gasps of shock already.

I still remember as if it was yesterday the first time I saw this movie.  I say first time because i have now lost count of how many times I've seen this movie, definitely when children are no where around of course. I don't think I had ever laughed so much in all my life.  And not that I find guns, drugs and blood anything to laugh at but it was such dark comedy and so over the top that I just loved it.....still do.

And who can forget the infamous dance scene between John Travolta and Uma Thurman.



I have to admit I have another fond memory from this movie.......hee hee.....I was asked for ID at the cinema......and I was in my 20's.  Good times.

Now would I recommend this classic to everyone, probably not, yet even though I don't like movies with blood and guts and excessive violence I think the fact that this was just so well written meant I didn't even really notice that side of the movie.

And yes, I have a whole stack of warm fuzzy movies that are much more appropriate that I have enjoyed over the years but if I'm to be true and state my favourite, well Pulp Fiction it is.

Ramblings about my favourite movie are bought to you by the lovely Clairey Hewitt and her #blogeverydayinmay campaign and linking up with With Some Grace for some Friday fun.





What is your favourite movie?

Amanda

13 comments:

  1. It was a fascinating movie, I have friends that loved it and watched it over and over, but I never quite 'got' it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I think it was one of those movies you either loved it or loathed it, no real in between.

      Delete
  2. Loved that movie too and I still love the soundtrack!! At least you didn't pick Kill Bill, lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Pulp Fiction-the best scene is the dance scene as well as when they stab Uma with the needle to bring her back to life! Gosh that sounds awful in print hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha....I was too scared to say my second favorite scene was when they went over the speed bump and shot "brains" all thru the car - ewwwww

      Delete
  4. I love this movie too, I actually only watched it again a couple of weeks ago! I also don't like 'violent or blood and guts' in movies, but I am able to watch this and be taken long with the story no problem at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's like it's not even there :)

      Delete
  5. It's one of my favourites too, but admittedly I haven't seen it in years! Thanks for the reminder :) So are you a Kill Bill fan too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but yes I did like Kill Bill too. Didn't love it like Pulp Fiction but it was still pretty cool.

      Delete
  6. Pulp Fiction is the business. Brilliant script brilliantly delivered by a brilliant cast! Good choice. I need to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the intentions of watching this movie, but it never happened, and alas I have never seen it, and I doubt I ever will, and you know what, I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pulp fiction is an awesome movie. I have so many fond memories of this movie

    ReplyDelete