Monday, 5 May 2014

Balance and Harmony

According to the Zodiac calendar, the life of a Libran must contain balance and harmony for all to be right with our world. I ask you then, why would a Libran have 3 boys?

What household with 3 boys is balanced and harmonious?

Do footballs sail through the air harmoniously? I don’t think so.

Are cricket bats swung harmoniously during backyard cricket in between screams and fights over whether a no-ball was just bowled??

Are disgusting boy smells assisting the balance in my house?

Is the pile of dirt sitting on my laundry floor that has fallen out of every piece of clothing my boys own filling me with harmony?

See where I’m going with this people?



Apparently us Librans are not the best decision makers either. We are often too busy wanting to keep everyone else around us happy and not rock the apple cart. We’d rather avoid confrontation at all times. Well that’s all well and good too, but what if you are married to a fellow Libran. It can often mean something as simple as what to do on a Saturday night rapidly turns pear-shaped.....

“What do you want to do?”
“I don’t know, what do you want to do?”
“I don’t know, what do you want to do?”
Jump forward 3 hours.....
“What do you want to do?”
“I don’t know, what do you want to do?” “I don’t know, what do you want to do?”

By now of course it’s Sunday morning, and guess what, we did nothing on the Saturday night.

Or another of my fave conversations......

“Do you want me to take our steak or chicken for dinner?”
“I don’t mind. You choose.”
 “Well what would you prefer?”
 “I don’t mind, you choose”
 “But, do you want chicken or beef?”

Fast forward 3 hours, nothing is cooked and I’ve generally reached that point where I’m ready to shove both the chicken and beef somewhere where it will never be found!!!!

Seriously, I think about what to cook every bloody night, can someone else make a bloody decision for once!!

 Ah yes, life as a Libran is so balanced and harmonious.

How do you feel about your star sign.  Does it fit you?

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog through this challenge, I LOVE how you write, and you sound so much like me - bloody dinner, I HATE IT! Every night - my hubby is so relaxed he doesn't give a shiz about much so his lack of caring drives me batty - eg what we do, what we eat, where we go!! And I have 2 boys, 1 girl, and they still are smelly, noisy etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you. I swear, when I win lotto the first thing I'm doing is hiring my own personal chef!!!!

      Delete