Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Who Decided Ice Was The Way To Go?

Why ice I ask you?  Why?  Whose brain wave was it to say, hey, when your little one falls over and knocks their head on the floor it's a really good idea to put some ice on it.  Helps the bruising go down and that little lump will look more like a pea than a full shaped orange.


photo credit: Sergiu Bacioiu via photopin cc


No, I don't want all the scientific hoo-ha about how the ice reduces the swelling!!  When I have a screaming 3 year old who has just tripped over his own feet and now has said orange forming on his forehead, I don't want to know all the smart intelligent reasons why ice is the way to go.

Why not chocolate, or a nice warm face-washer.  Hell, even a lego block has gotta be better than ice.

Have you tried telling a screaming toddler that they really need to let mummy put the ice on the bump.

Yes I know it's cold.  No I won't go away.  Yes I know you don't want it.  Yes I know it hurts.  YES I KNOW IT'S COLD, I CAN'T FEEL MY FINGERS!!!!

I know you've all been there.  Pinning down the toddler while he or she kicks and scream like some kind of crazed lunatic while you try and hold them still long enough that the so called miracle ice actually works long enough to have some kind of effect.

Of course by this time the toddler has forgotten all about the fall and is now so obsessed with screaming about the ice he's completely oblivious to the giant bump on his.  OMG - that's it.  Okay, I get it now!!  Deflection.  That's why we go with the ice.

Right, thanks for clearing that up for me. :)  

Amanda


Linking up with

7 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! Love it! Yes the ice. My kids have hated it too like that but they will grow out of it and sometime they will simply choose not to have it and just say ok no worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, you would think I was trying to kill him with all the noise he makes - :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the giggle - found myself in this exact situation when my daughter hurt her foot yesterday and wanted a heat pack instead of an ice pack, can't blame her on such a cold morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, now isn't a heat pack much nicer :)

      Delete
  3. So glad we could help !!!!
    I hope that the orange is down to the size of an egg by now.
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee - thank you. It's much more like an egg now - a green one though - yuk!!

      Delete
  4. MIne are against ice as well, which is is so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete