Monday, 17 September 2012

So sorry I’ve been MIA the last few weeks – life has been one giant blur of stress!!!!

As you may know we bought a house a few months ago – woo hoo!!!  That’s where the joy ended for a little while though. 



Then came the scarey time to sell our house.  Looking back, it wasn’t that bad really compared to what some people go through.  At the time though, I just wanted a giant hole in the earth to swallow me up.

As all mums out there would know, trying to keep a house clean and tidy with kids around is almost impossible.  Trying to keep the house looking like a showroom with 3 feral boys is just plain torture.
Then comes the fun part.  You know how it is, someone is coming, the house is a mess, so just pick everything up and throw it in a cupboard.  The trouble was I was doing that every second day for 4 weeks and I have absolutely no idea where I have hidden everything.  I did find a jar of pasta sauce in the blanket box the other day – hmmmmm.

Before we moved in we tried “fixing-up” the new house.  Painting inside and new carpets.  Doesn’t sound like much but when the quotes to paint are just plain stupid and your husband is a perfectionist when it comes to renovating, it seriously takes FOREVER!!!  I know I shouldn’t complain, he’s doing the entire house by himself, but that’s beside the point.  I want it finished.........now!!!!

The biggest disaster of the entire move was Foxtel. As many of you know, I love my trash TV.  The trashier the better.  So to be faced with the prospect of losing hours and hours of recorded trash - well that was something I just couldn't bare to think about.   A quick phone call to Foxtel however confirmed that all would be okay.  The IQ box could safely move over with all my beloved shows - I wouldn't have to hole up somewhere for a month to watch 4 straight weeks of TV.  Yeah well, that worked didn't it....NOT.  I lost everything.  Argh - now I have no idea what's going on with Puberty Blues.  Is it even still on?  Thanks Foxtel.

In the meantime we are living in a complete whirl-wind of chaos that I am desperately trying to tread water through while telling myself it will all be worth it in the end.

Anyone else going through this at the moment?  How are you coping?

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Looove puberty blues, in hysterics constantly! Watch free on computer.
    JR

    ReplyDelete