Sunday, 23 September 2012

A Sunny Sunday Walk

First weekend of the school holidays in NSW and the weather has been perfect.  My crazy kids even went for a swim - trust me, the water was freezing but kids being kids don't seem to notice that stuff.

Master 11 was staying at his friends house so I took the 2 year old tornado and Master 7 for a drive while hubby got some more painting done around the house.

We ended up at the Wisteria Gardens next to Parramatta Park.  The gardens were just beautiful.  We managed to avoid the odd ride that seemed to have been oddly set up at the entrance, not sure if was the end of a fair or just a randomly thrown together last minute fete, but regardless I reminded the boys we were there for a walk, not to spend money.



The 2 year old tornado slept through the entire walk but Master 7 delighted in all the flowers.  Poor thing couldn't quite understand why I wouldn't let him pick them.



There was Wisteria, obviously considering we were at the Wisteria Gardens, blossom trees, covered walk-ways, flower beds and lots of paths to follow.  Master 7 was heard to say "wow mum, I wish I could stay under this canopy all day and all night".  So cute.


Another favourite was seeing the tree with "thousands and thousands of bats in it".  I'm not sure that there were thousands but there were sure a lot of bats (or flying foxes - I'm never sure really).

It was a great way to spend a couple of hours, and for us, most importantly when it comes to school holidays, a FREE way to spend a couple of hours.




How did you spend your Sunday?  Would love for you to share.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds absolutely lovely! It was a beautiful weekend, we did lots of walking & exploring too. Love how the two year old tornados still crash out for a few hours in the middle of the day...I have one of those who does that too! Beautiful photos also xo

    ReplyDelete