Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Rubbish


My children seem to see me like this.



Funny, coz I was sure I looked like this.




Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew why children are physically unable to put rubbish in the bin.  Do they think that grouch from sesame street is real and a green hairy monster is going to leap out at them if they approach?



Clearly, because this is how my children see me, they have no issue throwing random pieces of rubbish at mum.  The finished chip packet – here mum.  The finished sausage roll wrapper – here mum.  The apple core – here mum.  Seriously, what do I want with a half-eaten apple!!!!!!


I especially love it when my car gets to that stage where it actually smells like something has died in it.  It’s at that point that I find the half-eaten apple buried under a car seat that was obviously shoved there by a small child after one of my rants about being passed half chewed food!!  Let’s not put it in the bin when we get home people!!!



Or of course there is the mouldy squashed sandwich in the bottom of the school bag.  Don’t bother at least pretending you ate the sandwich I slaved over in the morning by throwing it the bin at school.  No, just pop it in the school bag under hats, jackets and lunchboxes.  Mum will find it eventually – and if not, the mould growing through the bag will soon give it away.

Or the wrappers strewn the bedroom, or buried under the couch, or my personal favourite, pop them onto the ceiling fan, turn the ceiling fan on and watch them fly through the air.  Yes, my boys are all class.


Do your kids see you as a rubbish bin?  Well, must go now.  I have to go and take the rubbish out.

Amanda

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Is this what I have to look forward to? I'm going to start put-it-in-the-bin habits now! Thanks for the warning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seem to go in phases, sometimes the kids are really good at putting the recycling in the recycling bin and rubbish in the rubbish bin and other times I think I must look like Oscar the Grouch too. Drives me insane.
    I did find getting them to understand what was rubbish and what was recycling helped a little bit. But otherwise it's the same old story.
    Thanks too for the lovely comment on my blog last week (sorry for my slow response) it warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I think I need to give my boys another recycling lesson now that you mention it.
      Aww, and thanks for the lovely comment re your blog post - thank you. I really did love you post.

      Delete
  3. You really make it seem really easy along
    with your presentation however I to find this matter to be actually one
    thing that I believe I would never understand. It sort of feels too complex and very wide for me.
    I'm looking ahead to your next post, I will try to get the cling of it!

    Here is my site: golf club at south hampton jacksonville fl

    ReplyDelete