Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Meet the Name Behind Master and Miss

One of things we love the most at purely4kids is being able to work with some amazingly talented designers.  It is such an inspiration to learn about what makes them do what they do, and to see all the hard work and passion that goes into their brand.


One such brand is Master and Miss.  Liane is the beautiful person behind this label.  Her designs are absolutely adorable and we are so excited to be able to share a little into what Liane and Master and Miss is all about.








We'd love a little insight into the world of Master&Miss.  Can you tell us a little bit about you and your family?

I am the very proud mother of a 2yo daughter Emma, I tried IVF for 5yrs with my first husband and sadly the disappointment of not being able to conceive took its toll on our marriage, when I met my current partner Luke I told him about my infertility and he told me that he loved me with or without children, 12 months into our relationship Emma was conceived without any help from IVF I had just turned 40, who would have thought!! We tried IVF again last year without any luck so we are very lucky to have Emma in our lives.


Where does the name Master&Miss come from?

I lived in Ireland for 7 yrs with my first husband and correct titles are adhered to more strictly than here in Australia,  young boys are referred to as Master so when I was thinking of a name for my label, Master and Miss  was the first name that popped into my mind and thankfully no one was using it. 
What made you start Master&Miss?

Becoming a mum really changed my perspective of life, I had always enjoyed making my own clothes and had worked as a stylist, so when Emma was born I couldn’t wait to start working on clothes for her, I get such a thrill from seeing her in my own designs.

What is the most rewarding thing for you about your business?

Feedback- good and bad is always rewarding, I have been overwhelmed but the number of people who have been supportive of the label and I really value all the people that I have met since starting the business, it doesn’t feel like work, I love it, it’s my second child.

Your brand is absolutely gorgeous.  Where does your inspiration come from?

Emma is a great source of inspiration the Sophie teacup dress came about from playing with teacups all the time! I can’t tell you how many pretend cups of tea I’ve had!! I also like to use bright colours, and often pinch Emma’s crayons to see what colour combinations look like together, she has so many bright coloured toys, books and blocks, I think children love vibrant colours and they look great in them too. 
What's next for Master&Miss?

We are just about to start printing 3 new fabrics, a rocking horse pattern, a red heart pattern and an amazing check/gingham pattern, we will be using these for onesies ,bibs, blankets and also two new dress designs and a 3 tier Ra Ra skirt,  we also are working on hoodies and some funky shorts  for boys .


If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

I’ve been fortunate enough to do a lot of travelling through Europe, America and Asia there are so many amazing places I would want to go back and see again!  But if I had to pick one place it would have to be Kenya and go on a Safari , we take Emma to  the Open Range Zoo at Werribee all the time and she loves the Hippos and Rhinos.  Africa is somewhere I haven’t been and would love to visit. I also sponsor a child through World Vision and I could also arrange to see her at the same time.


Master and Miss is in-store now at purely4kids and we are so excited to be able to share Liane's gorgeous designs with you.  We just know you are going to love them as much as we do.


http://www.purely4kids.com.au/products/brands/master-and-miss.aspx




Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment