Monday, 20 February 2012

A Day At The Beach

The sun paid us a visit here in Sydney this weekend so we grabbed the chance and headed for the beach.

We visited one of Sydney’s un-official dog-friendly beaches.  By un-official I mean dogs aren’t allowed but the locals all take their dogs and no-one seems to mind.

Milo

It’s a bit of a hike for us to get there but the kids really wanted to take Milo (our Daschund x Kelpie) for a “swim” so off we went, through Sydney’s never-ending toll roads and traffic with a quick stop off at the fish & chips shop along the way.


The Beach
The kids had an absolute ball and Milo loved his swim.  My 2 year old was quite content tipping bucket loads of sand on his head and the older 2 boys managed to turn wet sand into cricket balls that exploded on impact when “tonked” with the cricket bat.  Apparently “tonked” is a cricket word that I am supposed to be familiar with.

Now make sure you take note of the date here because it’s a pretty monumentus occasion – I also went for a swim.

For those that don’t know me, it has to have been 40 degrees in the shade for at least 3 weeks in a row and the water must resemble a bath for me to go anywhere near it.........but.........I did it.  I actually went for a swim.  I thought I would literally freeze to death when I first got in, but I survived.  It may have had something to do with the fact that DH threatened to confiscate my bottles of bubbles for the week if I didn’t get in..........hmmmm........


The Beach I Would Like To Have Been At - The Whitsundays

All too quickly it was time to pack the car back up and join the Sydney traffic jams again and head home.  Another weekend over.

How did you spend your weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment