Sunday, 15 January 2012

But What If............

HELP.  I'm a stresser.  There, I said it.  That's me.  I stress about absolutely anything and everything - I drive my family batty.  The thing is though, I've never been any different so I know there's no hope of me changing anytime soon.

Do you ever wish there was a magical fairy that could just float in and tell you what to do.  Not someone that pushes their opinion on you because they think they know best, but someone who really does know what is best to do and tells you.



My family consists of DH, me and the 3 monsters boys.  We live in a shoebox house in Sydney which just happens to be the most expensive city to live in Australia - typical.  The 11yr old and the almost 7yr old share a room and bubba has his own room.

Don't get me wrong, I love our little house.  With lot's of emphasis on the word little though.  We only have one bathroom, there's no separate family room, just the one loungeroom, the smallest laundry you will ever find and a carport that we've kind of converted into a single garage except you can't actually fit a car in there.  One thing we do have though is a fabulous outdoor area.  Great pergola, a new undercover deck, grass for the boys to play cricket and a fair sized front yard too.  That's all great, but you can't live outside in the middle of winter.


My House - hee hee {image credit}

Why are you rambling on about your house you ask?  Well, this is where we need help.  I've now reached that stage in my head where I've decided a decision needs to be made.  Do we extend and renovate, or do we sell up and move?  That's where the problem starts.  I've made a decision to make a decision - I'm really good at doing that.  The problem is, I'm completely useless at the next step.  What that means is I go 'round and 'round in never-ending circles in my head; do we stay, do we go.......do we stay, do we go......in the end I have a list a mile long of "omg but what if this happens, or what if that happens".  What if, what if, what if!!!  Argh - I seriously drive myself crazy.


My New House???? Hah - I wish!!!! {image credit}


This is when I need that magical fairy to step in, waive her magic wand and say to me....."Do this".  All would be right with the world then and I could just move on with that decision and live happily ever after.

I tried to pre-empt my worries the other night.  I was so proud of myself.  We sat down and wrote a list.  Pro's of move, cons of move.  Pro's of renovating, cons of renovating.  Sounds good in theory right.  No, all that did was give me an even bigger list of things to worry about.  HELP.

Builders will tell you what works best for them, real estate agents will tell you what works best for them.  How am I ever supposed to know what will work best for US.

Any ideas?  Are you a total stress-head like me?  How do you deal with it?

9 comments:

  1. I am a total stess head but also a dreamer! Sum things for me i look at and know straight away its just meant to be then other things stress me out so much that ill cry. My advice to u is go look at some houses in your price range and see if you find any you like then look at weather it suits you and your family. You might find a house you love or you might just go nope the house we got now just needs to be better!
    Try not to dwell on the what ifs because thats all they are!
    Let life guide you:) good luck xoxo Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel - I know you are right, what if's are just that......and nothing I can change anyway.

      Delete
  2. Oh my god.

    I understand! And relate! COMPLETELY.

    I too, am am indecisive stresshead.

    And if I have nothing to stress about, I stress that I have nothing to stress about.

    So on the advice front, I can't give any advice, as I was already dealing with indecisiveness about WHAT advice to give you!

    lol.

    Sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cherie, love it - I get told if I have nothing to stress about I will go and find something to stress about - LOL. Why do we do this to ourselves.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,I'm in the same position as you after 8mths of having our home on the market only to have investors offer us $50,ooo less than our asking price. So we took our home of the market because their wasn't any 4 bedroom homes available in our price range that didn't need work and we can't buy unless we sell (and we live in the central west with cheaper homes, still can't afford). So we are looking to extend but are unable to find anyone to even give us a quote as they are all too busy,luck them!
    So the stress is skyhigh but am looking forward to the changes and am leaving everything to a higher power to help me along the way so try not to stress as that can slow the process. Good luck and positive thinking to you and it will work out when it's ment too, same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like a magical fairy that would actually make stuff happen. I can handle the decision part. I make decisions really easily. Last week I decided we should build a new house. There, decision made. Now I'm waiting for this to happen.

    "Fairies! FAIRIES! NEW HOUSE PLEASE. Where are you, fairies? And while you're at it, you know that decision I made to paint the exterior of the house dark blue back in 2005, could you fix that too? And the buffet-sideboard, I clearly remember deciding I didn't want it circa 1998 but it's still in my living room. Actually there's quite a long list here - I'll send it to you if you give me your email address."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a stress head and always have been too. But now I'm trying really hard not to (easier said than done!) Try to stop thinking about the pros and cons and ask yourself what do you want to do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i am glad to exhibit that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I such a lot indisputably will make certain to do not fail to remember this site and give it a look on {a constant basis|regularly}.
    Tetra Pond Water Garden Pump 550 GPH, Ponds 50-500 Gallons

    ReplyDelete
  8. You actually make it seem really easy along with your presentation but I to find this topic to be actually one thing that I believe I would never understand. It kind of feels too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward to your next publish, I will attempt to get the cling of it!
    Sorel Women's Cate The Great Boot

    ReplyDelete