Sunday, 4 December 2011

I FOUND A GREY HAIR

Ok I am seriously freaking out now.  It's like the world has ended (and I'm allowed to be melodramatic remember - we've had serious tragedies this last 18 months)......anyway, I digress.  Back to my serious drama.

I FOUND A GREY HAIR

Yes, I did.  In fact not just one, but two.  How is that even possible?  Only old people are supposed to go grey.  And I'm not old, am I? 



I can't be.  My parents are grey, the grandparents up at the shopping centre are grey- I'm not supposed to be grey.

I'm not ready to play bingo yet -barefoot bowls is kinda cool, but lawn bowls????



Does this mean this is how my kids see me?  When my eldest asked me if we had TV back "in the olden days" he obviously wasn't joking - argh......that's how he sees me.  OLD.

Of course, it's all good now because said grey hair was ripped out at the roots, and if I go bald pulling out every one that follows well then so be it.



And yes, thank you very much, I do know I'm being melodramatic.........

Have you had that sudden realisation that you are getting older - are you coping or, like me, do you just plan to stick your head in the sand and ignore it - LOL.

Amanda
xxx

Photos courtesy of http://www.pinterest.com/


4 comments:

  1. I still pull those pesky greys out... I am proud of the fact that I don't HAVE to dye them... even if I do. It's how you feel inside that counts anyway and I still feel early 30s (most days). You're only as old as the person you're feeling and all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cath - you are 100% right

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been '29' for many years now, and I've been coloring my grays since... (well, we'll leave that open). Gray hair has nothing to do with age. It's purely genetic. At least, that's the story I always tell. It makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love that. Genetics, that must be it - LOL.

    ReplyDelete