Thursday, 20 October 2011

My Children Are Growing Up Too Fast

We were at a birthday party for one of my son's friends recently and it suddenly dawned on me.......there is only one more term left of kindy. My "little boy" will be going into Year 1 next year and there will be a whole new year if kindergarten kids starting. All of a sudden I felt really emotional. How could we be nearing the end of kindergarten - again? Where has this year gone - again? Is it just me, or are the days and weeks flying past these days at warp speed?




Of course then it also dawned on me that my eldest "baby" starts his last year of primary school next year and that is a whole other feeling of pain that I don't want to think about right now.




Maybe it's because I've hit the big 40 that I'm starting to consciously realise how quickly my children are growing up. I can remember sitting in my car and actually having tears at the thought of Harrison starting school, and now Cohen's first year is almost over and before I know it Nate will be starting.......arghhhhhh........please make it slow down.




Please tell me it's not just me that feels this way.



Amanda
http://www.purely4kids.com.au/

Photos courtesy of the wonderful www.pinterest.com

3 comments:

  1. I know everyone warned me that once they start school time will start to fly...
    It's so true!
    My youngest is in her final year of Kindy(prep/reception) too and now my oldest is off to high school next year. Wow isnt that a frightening concept!!
    All the more meaning for:
    Don't count the days,
    Make the days count...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest son is only two but I already tear up a little when I think of him starting school in a few years. I have no idea how sad I'll be once he actually starts.

    I guess it's a reminder that every second is precious and it's important to cherish each stage because before we know it, they'll be adults!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. I think I'll be inconsolable when my youngest starts.

    ReplyDelete