Sunday, 9 October 2011

Meet Michelle Poppitt and Her Beautiful Baby Shoes

One of the things we love the most at www.purely4kids.com.au is the amazingly talented mums we get to meet along the way.  Once such talented designer is Michelle Poppitt from Miss Poppitt.  Michelle makes the most adorable baby shoes you have ever seen and her attention to detail is second to none.  We thought it would be great if you could learn about Miss Poppitt too so we recently caught up for a chat.




We'd love a little insight into the world of Miss Poppitt.  Can you tell us a little bit about you and your family?

My husband Neil and I have been together for over 10 years and have a beautiful little girl called Lily Isabella.  Neil is the first person I want to show new creations to and is also seen out and about with me in Spotlight nodding and shaking his head to all sorts of fabrics that I find.  He always give words of encouragement and criticism which helps when you're trying to perfect a new style.  I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without him. xx.

Where does the name Miss Poppitt come from?

Miss Poppitt is named after Lily.  I wanted to create things for her to wear and she has been a great help in sampling shoes and posing for shoes.

What made you start Miss Poppitt?

It's been a while since I worked in the fashion industry and I was keen to start something.  After going to the Mathilda's Market in Canberra I was inspired by all the beautiful things.  I noticed that no one made shoes and being a major shoe fan (I have quite a largish collection of Havaiana thongs) I was so excited when I was able to buy patterns.  After tweaking the pattern I bought,  I started making them from scraps of fabric I had at home.  There have been triumphs and minor tragedies but I'm really pleased with the progress I've made in only 10 months.

What is the most rewarding thing for you about Miss Poppitt?

The lovely feedback from customers makes it all worthwhile  I'm also so amazed at my Facebook fans.  It's so nice when you launch a new design and you love it BUT.....and then a fan will "like" or make a nice comment on a picture - it's such a great feeling.

Your shoes are absolutely adorable?  Where does your inspiration come from?

My inspiration mainly comes from fabric I find - I've bought quite a few Kawaii style fabrics recently.  Also flowers in the garden will inspire a colour choice and style name will pop into my head then I want to search for something that represents the name.

What's next for Miss Poppitt?

I've just started expanding my shoe size range from toddler to child slippers.  I'm going to be starting ladies slippers at the end of October.  I will also be making little dolls that will co-ordinate with my shoe range.  So keep a look out for those in November.

If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

At this stage I would love to go anywhere for a holiday - just Neil, Lilybell and I. I am looking forward to summer so we can make trips to the coast.




Be sure to check out the beautiful shoes by Miss Poppitt at http://www.purely4kids.com.au/ when you get a chance - you won't be disappointed.  My little Nate loves his pair.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment