Monday, 6 June 2011

What Happened to Sleep-Ins?

The alarm went off at 7am on Sunday morning and I have to admit that for a few moments there I wondered whether kids sport really was that important.

As I staggered into the kitchen I tried to remember what our life used to be like before we had kids.  What did we do with all that time?  When we didn't have Auskick and AFL games to run the boys to, when we didn't have swimming lessons and mums n bubs classes, cricket games and birthday parties.........?  Maybe I slept more.  It's crazy, I honestly can't remember.

Then we bundle the kids, the baby and the dog into the car and run out the house with our coats, scarves and coffee to go, to sit on the sidelines and watch the fun and enjoyment our kids are having.

I even manage to forget all about sleep-ins..........until the alarm goes off again the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment