Monday, 6 June 2011

Welcome

Welcome to purely4kids, and welcome to my very first blog. 

We're so excited our new website, www.purely4kids.com.au and we really hope you will be excited too.

I look back on that Australia Day get-together earlier this year when we had an idea....."let's start an on-line children's store that focuses on Australian made/designed clothes for kids".

Well, after a few glasses of bubbles and lots of laughs, purely4kids was born.  Sure we had a few crazy names before we finally settled on purely4kids but that was all part of the fun.

It was something I think I felt passionate about because shopping is no longer fun for me - and trust me, I used to love shopping.  Does anyone else out there feel like they would rather stick a razor sharp pencil into their eyes than go shopping with their kids, or is it just me?  Or is it just me because I have 3 boys?  Either way, the thought of shopping online whenever I want to is far more appealing to me than shopping with my children, well at least with all 3 of them.

I'm also one of those people that tends to be a hermit during winter.  I really don't cope from May right through to October - so any excuse to stay in my PJ's and not have to go to the shops is also fine with me.

In all seriousness, I think the main thing we learnt from this whole process is that you really can do it.  We had an idea, and we ran with it.  Sure, we had a lot of hurdles, and it's been a lot of hard work getting off the ground, but it's all been worth it, and now we are up and running.  It's given us a real sense of achievement and something we are extremely proud of.

If you have an idea - just go for it.  You never know how far it could take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment