Thursday, 16 June 2011

Kids Being Kids

We planned a make-shift photo shoot on the weekend at a park and for once were blessed with beautiful weather.


It was great to see the kids running around and having fun.  Although the plan was for them to participate in the photo shoot, once they saw the steep grass hill and cardboard boxes.......well, you can imagine what that equated to - yep you guessed it, a toboggan run.


I repeated my mantra of "what I dont' know can't hurt me".  I found that much more successful than focussing on what doom could befall them while they hurtled down the hill.


I wish we could have more days like this, where our kids are free to just be kids.  It seems more and more like those days are fewer and further between.  We are always so busy, running here and there, to school, to sport, to activities etc.


We never seem to have enough time to just sit back and let our kids be kids.


Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment