Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Get Dressed!

Really, is it that hard?  The kids know it's the same deal every day.  They have to get up, have breakfast, get dressed and go to school.  Nothing much changes.

So why is it then that I end up screaming like some kind of crazy woman every morning.......GET DRESSED!!

Because instead of getting dressed, they are staring into space, they are fighting with each other, they are kicking the football around the house, they are playing games, they are sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing, did I mention fighting with each other?

And the best thing about it is that they don't even have to go and look for their clothes to get dressed into - I've already given them to them, all ready to go.  Yet, they can't even seem to manage that.  Truly, I go into their rooms 15 minutes later and they are still standing there either in their PJ's or if I'm lucky, maybe they have their undies and socks on.  So again, it's GET DRESSED!!

I love it when my mother offers words of wisdom like, "well why do you let them get away with that, why don't you just make them go to school in their PJ's, I would".  See, the problem with that is that they would actually enjoy that.  They would think it's funny.  So I would still be screaming at them to GET DRESSED!

It's not like I'm asking them to hand over a kidney of anything.  I actually think it's quite a simple request really.  I just want them to get dressed, that's all.

Is it just me?  Do other mums go through this torture each morning?

Oh, and don't even get me started on breakfast..............

No comments:

Post a Comment